What is Carboxytherapy?
It is a revolutionary therapy that involves injecting pure CO2 with the Concerto into the skin. This treatment helps in removing streatch marks, scars and plumps the skin.
How does it work?
Using a small needle, CO2 is injected in the subcutaneous layer of the skin, where it penetrates easily within tissues. It causes blood vessels to expand, increasing blood flow under the skin and also forming new capillaries. This increases the haemoglobin’s capacity to carry oxygen and transfer oxygen to body parts. This therapy utilizes both mechanical and chemical effects on fat cells and destroys them, destroying cellulite that has been produced so far.
When to use?
- Reduction of intensive cellulite
- Alternative to liposuction
- Minimizing stretch marks
- Wrinkle removal
- Restoration of firmness and elasticity of facial skin and whole body
- Minimizing bags and shadows under the eyes
- Reduction of double chin
- Strengthening and regeneration of hair follicles and preventing further loss of hair
Benefits for Skin
Carboxytherapy stimulates collagen and elastin production in the skin. The inflammation or expansion as a result of CO2 induction in the skin causes new cell production as well as collagen production. After a few months, collagen fibres shrink, giving your skin increased elasticity, tension and rejuvenation as well as youthful glow. Ideally one treatment after every 7 days is good. 5-8 sessions are usually sufficient.
Benefits for Eye Area
When CO2 is injected in the contours of the eyes, it stimulates collagen production, forming new blood vessels, increasing blood supply and lightening the skin under the eyes, removing dark circles.
How do we perform the procedure?
Using a thin needle, CO2 is injected in the skin. Anaesthesia is not used. CO2 easily spreads into tissues. The effects of the treatment last depending on the amount of gas applied.
Effects of treatment
- Wrinkles near eyes disaapear within minutes of therapy
- Stretch marks disappear within half an hour on thighs
- Treatment should be administered in series, first weekly then on a monthly basis.
Research supports this treatment
- Carboxytherapy also destroys fatty deposits
- Increased blood supply improves lymphatic function
- Improved metabolism
- Reduction in cellulite
- In a research at the Italian University of Siena, participating women’s thighs reduced by 2 centimetres and skin became stronger and healthier.
- Renal failure
- Lung failure
- Pulmonary embolism
- Heart failure
- Some kidney or liver disease
- Unstable diabetes
- Unstable blood pressure
- Aesthetic treatments up to 3 weeks after surgery
- Active herpes
- Acne rosaceous active
- Disorders in healing
- Please avoid contact with water or rubbing hardly on the treatment area, after surgery
- Sun beds and solarium by min. 24h
- saunas, dry and steam baths, hot baths for min. 24h after surgery
- Laser surgery by min. 14 days
- laser, micro dermabrasion, needle mesotherapy by min. 14 days
- Patients taking acetylsalicylic acid should discontinue 5 days before Carboxytherapy
- You may experience mild redness, bruising and swelling post surgery
- Patients can return to work and daily activities immediately after surgery