What is Intralipotherapy?
It is a new method of weight or fat reduction by administering appropriate fluids and medicine in fat excessive areas that cannot be reduced through workout or diet control. It is also called Lipolysis and is a good combo to Liposuction. This injection does not leave uneven skin.
When to get it done?
- Excessive Adipose tissue on Buttocks, stomach, thigh areas, knees, triceps, armpits and below the ribs.
- Excessive fat or Lipids
- Double Chin
- Want to get in shape
- High cholesterol leading to cardiac diseases
How is it done?
It takes 30 minutes barely. Fat cells or lipids are broken down by injecting a substance through a series of injections in the area which is to be reduced. Broken down fat cells become part of the bloodstream and carried to the liver where they are decomposed and excreted. Lymphatic massage is highly recommended post treatment, to mobilize fat cells.
A low fat diet is usually recommended by the doctor for best results. 4-6 treatments are needed ideally with a gap of 4 weeks between each session.
- Light Pruritus
- Swelling, redness and bruise in treated area
- Kidney and liver disease
- Blood clotting issues
- Allergic to substance injected
- Pregnancy and Breast Feeding
- Significant Obesity
- Auto Immune Diseases
- Loss of about 4-5 cm in circumference at the injected area
- Cellulite reduction
- Reduced double chin
- Get rid of “rollers” on the back, folds under the buttocks, fat on the knees, shoulders and thighs
- Minimizes lightly rounded belly
- Improves diet
- Lowers cholesterol levels
- Reduces risk of cardiovascular diseases