What is PDO thread treatment?
PDO (polydioxanone) threads are FDA approved sutures. Absorbable PDO threads are introduced into the subcutaneous layer of the skin, using small needles. They are commonly used in surgery and are used to tighten and lift sagging skin tissues by inducing production of collagen, enhancing skin elasticity and tension. The skin becomes smooth and firmer as a result.
Using PDO, facial muscle movements can be reduced under the skin that cause wrinkles and lines.
When to use PDO?
On the face:
- Vertical and horizontal wrinkles on the forehead
- Face lifting, lowered outer edges of eyebrows, flabby, soft tissue, falling eyebrows
- Lower eyelid – sacks
- Clear nose-lip fold
- Chevron-yoke groove
- Chin fold
- Puppet fold
- Falling cheeks and area under the lower jaw
- Skin folds on the cheek
- Wrinkled cheeks
On the body:
- Wrinkles around the neck
- Breast firming and shaping
- Tissue and stretch marks on the buttocks, abdomen, arms and legs
- Sensitive skin and subcutaneous tissue
- Obesity – arms, abdomen, ribs
- Alopecia (aided by PRP)
After effects of treatment
- No scars after treatment
- Slightly red skin with bruises, just after the surgery which will subside
- Results will begin to show in a week’s time because new collagen is produced in 10-14 days
- The results last for up to 24 months
- Pregnancy & breast-feeding period
- Auto Immune Diseases
- Decadent diabetes
- Tendency of keloid formation
- Active infection in area of surgery
- Viral infections (herpes)
- Microorganisms (egrunny)
Benefits of PDO treatment
- Skin rejuvenation
- Smoothing of wrinkles
- Pore tightening
- Skin lightening
- Increase or decrease in volume
- Skin lifting
What is First Lift Barb 4D?
It is a new kind of PDO thread with special microscopic hooks that are densely spread around the thread in two directions giving it the 4D name. Earlier hooks were only on one side. This new thread is comparatively thicker, giving better facial lift results and these threads are tailored to the needs of the patient with varying lengths.
When to use First Lift Barb 4D?
- Loss of firmness and skin tension
- Modelling selected facial parts
- Liquidation of the so-called. “Hamsters”
- Improvement of face oval
- Asymmetry of the brow bends
- Falling of the upper eyelids
- Falling arms of the so-called “Pelicans”
- Pregnancy and lactation
- Inflammatory changes within the skin
- Prone to occurrence of hypertrophic scars
- Use of anticoagulants and anti-inflammatory drugs
How is it done?
It is a fast and efficient treatment and takes up to an hour. Anaesthetic cream is rubbed over the treatment area. The threads are implanted using a needle thin cannula into the subcutaneous layer of the skin. The hooks open once thread is implanted thud lifting the sagging skin tissue.
- Skin where thread is inserted might be slightly swollen and bruised, which will subside within a few days
- Patients return to routine life
- Slight unevenness in the course of thread for up to 2 weeks
What are the benefits?
- Immediate lifting effect
- Smoothing of wrinkles
- Improvement of facial contour
- Improves facial skin tension and firmness
- Moisturizes and oxygenates the skin
- Fast and painless treatment
- No cuts and scars
- The threads are completely absorbed by the body
- Effects last up to 2 years
- Skin doesn’t sag immediately, even after 2 years